The Hamlin Memorial Library and Museum share a granite rock building that was originally the Oxford County Jail and that dates back to 1822. The jail moved in 1896, and in 1902 the library opened for business and has remained so since. A second floor was added to the building in the 1960s, allowing for the integration of a museum into the facility.The building now houses a public library, the museum, and a small research facility.
The museum is host to a permanent collection as well as temporary exhibits. A small archives containing letters, diaries, and other records of early Paris Hill life is also incorporated in to the museum.
Selected Hamlin Memorial Library and Museum images: